I am excited to bring you an episode from another excellent podcast covering the local news industry. From Northeastern University’s School of Journalism, “What Works: The Future of Local News” is hosted by former Boston Globe editor Ellen Clegg and Northeastern’s Dan Kennedy. They talk to journalists, policymakers and entrepreneurs, and their conversations are always enlightening.
In this episode, they talk to Linda Shapely of Colorado Community Media. CCM made national news a couple of years ago as the first investment by the National Trust for Local News. Given my position at the Colorado Press Association, our work with CCM and more importantly the crucial work they’ve been doing in their communities, I had a special interest in this conversation and think it deserves amplification.
Listen to the episode here:
- Linda Shapley: LinkedIn, Twitter
- Colorado Community Media: web, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- What Works: episode notes, podcast home, Twitter
- Dan Kennedy: web, Twitter
- Local News Matters: web, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Colorado Press Association: web, Twitter, Facebook
- Tim Regan-Porter: bio, Twitter